Accounting, Financial Planning & Legal Practices
• AIBB CPBB Certified Practicing Business Broker 2012
• Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA) – the Exit Planning Institute in 2011
• Graduate Certificate in Financial Planning – Financial Services Institute of Australasia (Finsia) in 2006
• Advanced Business Valuation Course – Australian Property Institute in 2006
• Business Agent Licensing Course – Sydney Graduate School of Management, Centre for Agency Licensing Education in 2005
• Masters of Business Administration in Professional Accounting & Marketing University of New England in 2002
Michelle Knights is the Principal, Director and Licensee in Charge of the Rob Knights Group. Her passion is to work with principals, equity holders and principal select to improve the performance and management of professional accounting, financial planning and legal practices.
Michelle has been working within the industry for 20 years; Services at the Rob Knights Group include a comprehensive selection of benchmarking surveys, valuations, succession planning, practice protection, public speaking, corporate presentations and facilitation.
Michelle is also a licensed broker for the purchase and sale of professional practices. Having worked with many owners and management teams, Michelle has a structured approach to the sales process and enjoys working with clients to achieve the best outcome as they seek to exit their practice.
Michelle is well recognised for her practical, no-nonsense approach in assisting firms to achieve their goals. Given her depth of experience within the industry, she is well positioned to understand all the forces that impact upon practice performance. She is also aware of current industry trends; this combined with a focus on the issues at hand for your particular practice ensures services that specifically address what is most relevant for you and your team. Working with practices of all sizes from sole practitioners to second tier firms, as well as being invited to participate and contribute to industry forums, Michelle’s counsel is widely appreciated.