This a unique opportunity to purchase Plonk Beer & Wine Store, Canberra’s most celebrated liquor store, where excellence is not just a commitment, but a tradition. The business proudly wears the badge of Canberra’s No. 1 Liquor Store, a recognition that sets a platform for the new owner to take this already profitable business to the next level.
About the business:
The business which has grown to be recognised for it’s amazing range of craft beers, regional wines, spirits & ciders. Plonk draws product from around Australia and all corners of the world.
It operates only 4 days per week – Thursday to Sunday between 8am to 5.30pm. This provides a great lifestyle for the current owners and allows for opportunities to a new owner to increase online sales, establish a wholesale division, or open additional outlets under the Plonk brand.
What makes this business special?
It’s the perfect combination of product, range, location and heaps of parking + an amazing brand. Recognised as the leading independent liquor retailer in the growing and lucrative Canberra market.
Ideally suited to someone that’s been in the hospitality industry and is after a great profitable business that trades four days a week and closes it’s doors by 5.30pm on the trading days of Thursday to Sunday.
Plonk’s customers will shop at the numerous fresh food retailers located inside the Fyshwick Fresh Food Markets. These customers love coming to the markets to parcel the best quality produce into their shopping baskets and the Plonk team match alcohol to their entertaining needs. With over 11,000 cars coming through Fyshwick Markets gates each and every week.
With revenue exceed $65,000 per week and exceptional profits, the business thrives with high gross profit margins. Importantly, the business has so much room for even further growth either selling online, setting up a wholesale division or by leveraging the amazing brand, Plonk, to expand into other markets. There is also a great opportunity to reverse brand a group of existing liquor stores under the amazing brand ‘Plonk”
Other features of the business includes:
– Prime Location: We operate within Canberra’s most popular fresh food market, The Fyshwick Fresh Food Markets. A complex that houses a range of independently owned high-end food operators, making it a perfect location that customers love. There are over 600 free car spaces and the complex sees a minimum of 11,000 cars through the gates each week with well over 15,000 cars during the peak trading periods of Easter & Christmas weeks.
– A stellar Lease: Enjoy the peace of mind of a great lease available until January 2026, with a convenient 5-year lease option extending to 2031. Coupled with favourable rent conditions, this is an opportunity you won’t want to miss.
– Expertly Staffed: We take pride in our incredible team,. With expertise and a well-trained staff, you’re assured of top-notch business allowing you to work part-time in the business if you choose to … just as the current owners do.
– A Trusted Brand: Our brand is not just good; it’s great! It’s well-known in the region, a symbol of quality that customers trust. They travel far and wide to come to our store…. regulars come from the Southern Highlands, Snowy Mountains and the South Coast of N.S.W. to purchase from the amazing offer we provide.
– Valuable Assets: The sale includes an extensive list of valuable business assets, both physical and intellectual property. We’ve built a treasure trove over the years, and it’s all yours… including Online / Website, Social Media Reach, Signage, Effective TV & Radio adverts.. It’s all ready for you to utilise..
– Abundant Parking & Traffic: Enjoy the convenience of ample parking and a high-traffic area, with over 600 free parking spaces and approximately 11,000 cars per week entering the car park. Accessibility, visibility, location and position within the complex all contribute to the business success.
– Full Financial Transparency: Serious buyers who have signed the Business Sales confidentiality deed will have access to comprehensive business and financial information. We believe in transparency to build trust and help the new owner to make an informed decision soon, because this business won’t last long on the sale market.
– The retail banner group is Independent Liquor Retailers (ILR) – sub banner Countrywide. This allows for purchases to be via ILR structed promotions and deals whilst remaining fully independent with store branding etc ……. as Plonk.
The business is priced for a quick sale, so if you’re interested, please don’t delay. We encourage all genuine parties to consider presenting your highest and best offer soon. This is a rare opportunity you won’t want to miss.
Once you submit an enquiry, you will be emailed a link to the CA.
If you could complete this and submit and we will provide you access to the extensive IM and other documents.