Own a traditional bakery and cafe

Price: $1,200,000 + Stock
An established bakery and cafe with a rich history.

Key Sale Highlights

This listing is posted by a private seller

Business Overview

On offer is a historical gem in the Hunter Valley, this century-old establishment thrives on tradition in the café and restaurant scene. Specialising in a diverse array of baked goods and savoury delights, it caters to retail and wholesale markets with breakfast, takeaway and lunch menus. The revenue split is 40% from wholesale, supplying pies, sausage rolls and cakes to petrol stations and convenience stores. The remaining 60% is from retail.

Located strategically on a busy street, the business draws steady foot traffic, embracing a freehold operation. Powered by cost-efficient solar panels, it provides stability in its operations. The comprehensive sale package includes the freehold property, existing fit-out, kitchen equipment and well-established supplier relationships. Key strengths lie in its enduring legacy, niche market positioning and commendable financial track record.

The business has built a loyal customer base, particularly among the local elderly population, positioning itself as a hub for family gatherings. The business has a robust marketing strategy, capitalising on its historical significance and community ties. The business faces limited direct competition in the region, standing out.

Currently overseen remotely from QLD, the owner dedicates bi-weekly attention to strategic planning, purchasing and financial oversight. The operational team comprises a full-time manager handling day-to-day affairs and a group of part-time employees, including skilled cake decorators and pastry chefs.

Rooted in a rich legacy, the business has opportunities for expansion and development. Its strategic location attracts consistent local traffic, offering growth potential through targeted tourist-focused marketing initiatives. Exploring innovative product diversification and enhanced offerings could solidify its market presence. Leveraging its historical significance and community ties opens doors to a broader demographic, paving the way for sustained growth and increased profitability.
—-


*** Please note: We have used stock photos to protect the confidentiality and goodwill of the business. The pictures are indicative only.

Financials

This information is only available to registered users. 

Location Details

This information is only available to registered users. 

This information is only available to registered users. 

This information is only available to registered users. 

This information is only available to registered users. 

Confidential Business Information and FAQ's

To view confidential information about this business and the answers to Frequently Asked Questions and more you’ll need to complete the confidentiality deed.

Gallery

You must be signed in to sign a confidentiality agreement

Signing a Confidentiality Agreement is a quick and easy process on BusinessSales. 

The purpose of the Confidentiality Agreement is to ensure the goodwill of the Business is protected which is important to the current owner. But it’s even more important for the buyer of the business. 

OR

Create your account

Login

0 +
There are 212+ private businesses for sale that you can’t see. Become a BusinessSales Insider to see all businesses for sale.